Sunday, September 2, 2007

Uncle Elder Shem Banda buys a Monkey

From Elder Banda's Last letter, September 2 2007:

Friday August 31st 2007

The day was crazy with excitement, I went with elder Olsen to the bank and returning back we saw a monkey that was really small and sweet. I don't know exactly what happened but I was then walking away with 60 soles less in my wallet and a monkey on my shoulder. It really had no logic so.... um I have a pet monkey don't worry I took it to the vet, all the "what not stuff" is taken care of. Well I didn't have time to explain to president that I had a pet monkey. I went to the appointment with Hno Torres again and he said his wife wants to be baptized with him, sweet blessing!!! Then I bought the monkey a sweeet collar and he was going to be called Gorge (curios) but we went with the name CHAYO, it's the name of the monkey in the Movie Testaments. So I took the monkey home and he slept with his banana and in a bag filled with a towels where he was out cold.





No comments: